Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ribbon and Lace Flag Art {Delightfully Creative}

I finally found some time to do a little crafting, so I decorated my "fantle" for the 4th of July! I'll show you the whole "fantle" on Friday and details about my other diy art next Monday.

The 8 1/2 x 11 piece is an off-color American Flag made from fabric, ribbon, and lace scraps.


I really like off-traditional colors for holidays and I love light blue and red together. This fabric is one of my favorites and it has extended to many different holidays and seasons in the past year, so it may look familiar. :-) I bought it at JoAnn's. 

I love how this turned out and I can't stop looking at it-I'm silly. :-)

Delightful Creating!

Waving My Flag At These Parties:

MONDAYS
TUESDAYS
Show and Tell with Flamingo Toes, Sugar Bee Crafts, A Pumpkin and a Princess, and Snap!  
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

 WEDNESDAYS

FRIDAYS


That DIY Party with DIY Show Off

14 comments:

  1. That's the prettiest American flag I've ever seen. Great job. I saw your link at It's Overflowing's party.

    Shasta
    http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and a beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I've seen lots of flags out there, but this one is gorgeous! I would love for you to share it at Snips & Spice Sunday Slice this week.

    Malory
    http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-slice-its-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO CUTE!! Must make. Pinned this. We have lots of lace and trim and could readily make this. YES. It's creative. Good job. linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute flag picture! I may have to try making one myself. :)

    Jennifer
    http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flag turned out great, such a cute idea:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic project! Good job. I hope you will link this up to my Patriotic Project Parade going on now through July 4th.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love this idea. I love ribbon. Great way to use up short pieces. Happy 4th !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the cutest! I love the 4th of July and this project is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! We will be featuring this today on our Patriotic Round-Up!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo GREAT! Featuring you today!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ribbon and lace flag. Thanks for linking to the Point of View Patriotic Link Party. I featured this as one of my Point of View features.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This flag is so pretty! I'm pinning it to my patriotic pins board. I love the lace!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails