Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fourth of July "Mantle" {Delightfully Nesting}

I usually don't decorate for the Fourth of July-not because I don't want to, but because I'm usually gallivanting off to some other city or country during the summer.

No, I'm not rich. :-) Well, at least not by American standards. My husband and I are in full-time college ministry so we spend our summers doing mission projects elsewhere. I may start making extra room in the suitcase for "temporary home interior necessities." 

This year, we are at home raising support for our ministry, so I was able to decorate a little for the Fourth of July. We also just moved, so I only decorated the bare minimum-my "fantle," or my bookcase I pretend is a mantle. 


On left, I have an art trio-my Ribbon and Lace Flag I posted on Monday, as well as a printable from Landee See, Landee Do. I will post more details about my vintage pinwheel art on Monday.

On the right, I have more vintage pinwheels, a mini wreath I found at Target last year, and this fun jar from Ikea:


I filled it with stuff stuff I could find around the house-blue stones, white beans, and red buttons.

Here's a close-up of my pinwheels.

Again, I will be posting more about these on Monday.

Delightful Patriotic Nesting!

Taking my Fantle to These Parties:
SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog 
The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible 


WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon  

Show and Share with Southern Lovely

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

SATURDAYS
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I sometimes do not comment, but I do read your posts. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails