Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Downtown Apartment: Living and Dining Rooms

I've always been a little shy about giving ya'll a tour of my apartment. I love to decorate, but am not a professional. I also don't have the luxury of spending whatever I want on nesting, so I have some furniture I don't love (mostly because it doesn't match). 

Don't get me wrong-we are very blessed to have a roof over our heads and sturdy furniture, so it's not a huge deal. But, I am an aesthetic person, so it drives me crazy at times. Maybe one day I'll get around to altering some of it so it does match!

Despite my shyness, I am giving you a tour as I say goodbye to my downtown home. Jeff and I are moving to a new place in about a month. We love living here, but our apartment is becoming too expensive and small. I'm not even showing you the guestroom-it's basically a storage room.

I'll start with my favorite room (because our furniture matches :-))-The Living Room. And yes, I cleaned up a bit for the photos. I'll give you some reality "lived in" photos as well because that is what our home actually looks like!

Yes, that glider is a feng shui nightmare :-) We added that for baby. Hopefully it will fit in her new room. I love our polished concrete floors, but C will appreciate carpet when she begins to crawl! Our faux brick wall is fun too. But, we couldn't hang anything on it.

I love my red carpet and the contrasting pillows and ottoman.

Our favorite piece of furniture: the red TV stand! You can see in the back there, my beloved "Fantle" (fake mantle AKA bookshelf I always decorate for holidays). You've seen several photos of that one. 


I filled the TV stand with contrasting decor-the flowers make me happy as well as our NYC art which cost me $5:


And here is my corner shelf. I may later write a whole post dedicated to this thing.


And here is what our living room usually looks like:


The Dining "Room" lies right next to the Living Room:


Yes, one of our chairs doesn't match! I broke a chair...I am still confused about how that happened. We make do with what we have! In reality, this table is usually covered in craft stuff.


I love our little pie rack and this bench from World Market-dual purpose furniture is much needed in our limited space. Of course, this is what it looks like in reality:

We are seriously out of space. 

I'll show you the kitchen and bathrooms soon. I am thinking the Master is a no-go. I'll never get it presentable until I pack it up. Not to mention that we had a mildew issue I had to clean up this week. Not fun, but I'm thankful it wasn't black mold-mildew is much easier to get rid of!

Delightfully Nesting,

 Linking my apartment tour to:
One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails