Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Moss and Fabric Flower Art {Delightfully Creative}

I recently added this cute little piece to my Spring Decor:

(Measures 2"x3")

I was inspired by all the fun moss projects I've seen on the internet, so I was excited when I found sheet moss at JoAnn's Fabric. I wanted something simple, but that would be noticed in the small frame, so I tried my hand at making little flowers from fabric and ribbon I had on-hand. I'm so glad I had light blue and yellow-I love these colors for Spring!

I made the flowers like you would make a tissue paper rosette. I am happy with how they turned out, so here is a little tutorial for you on how I did it.

Mini Fabric Flower Tutorial
 You will need trips of fabric about an arm's length long and 1/2" thick. For the yellow flower, I used ribbon that was slightly thinner than 1/2"

1. Tie knot on one end of fabric/ribbon.


 2. Roll shorter loose end around knot. Roll longer end over loose end a few times to secure it. You should have a small round ball on one end.


 3. Wrap rest of the fabric into a flower by loosely twisting and wrapping the long piece around the ball simultaneously. Keep wrapping and twisting in same direction for the whole flower.


4. Glue end piece down with hot glue.


5. To make beaded center, thread one bead on needle and thread and sew down through back of flower. Repeat with two other beads.


6. Secure thread on back with a sewing knot. This s what your flower should look like:


Here is my new art with my other Spring art:


Delightful Flower Making,

 I'm Partying At:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 


FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 



The CSI Project - Weekly Craft Challenges

3 comments:

  1. The moss is really neat! I love making those fabric roses. There's so many uses for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute April! So glad to see you're up and crafting again :) I hope you guys are having a great spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moss background with your rosettes! So cute!

    Take care.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails