Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Flower Art {Delightfully Creative}

Last year for Mother's Day, I made a personalized piece of "art" for my Mother-in Law. My husband liked the miniature hydrangea art I made and thought his mom would like something similar. So, I made it in a larger scale and added a few other touches.

 This one measures 5x7

This is a simple, but pretty, idea for a personalized gift. 

It's hard to see in the photo, but the card stock I used is vintage/distressed looking. It's from My  Mind's Eye found at Hobby Lobby. I used fake hydrangea petals leftover from two other projects and glued them together in layers for the flower part. I used half of the stem from that same stalk and tied a bow around it before gluing it down. 

The definition is a rub-on I found in the scrapbook section of Hobby Lobby (but most craft stores sell them). The key is actually an embellishment from Making Memories that looks like a key, but has a flat back (that way the frame glass will still fit on top).

Delightfully Creating,

 Linking Up To:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 


The CSI Project - Weekly Craft Challenges

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails