Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Year of Centerpieces {Delightfully Nesting}

I love change and variety. So, I love to change out my decor, especially with the holidays and seasons. Because my husband and I live on a tight budget and have limited space (and time!), I've tried to develop ways to change out my decor inexpensively and with items that do not require a lot of storage. 

One way I do this is to have certain spaces in my home that remain similar throughout the year, but can be easily changed with the seasons. One such area is our dining room centerpiece. I first created our centerpiece in the Fall of 2010, inspired by Pottery Barn and Williams & Sonoma. After experimenting, breaking a piece, replacing it, and changing things, I finally created a series of centerpieces that I really love for the whole year. 

SO, here they are, my centerpieces throughout the year. You will notice Summer is missing. This is because Jeff and I are usually gone from our home for the majority of the Summer. We have unique jobs in college ministry, so every Summer we spend about 6 or more weeks in another location. I usually don't bother with Summer due to limited time. 

You can click links for a more detailed post on each centerpiece.













They are easy to change AND inexpensive (I made the smaller pieces myself from Dollar Store glassware). I use some of the fillings for more than one season/holiday and most of it I bought for half-price. 

I may have to add a ribbon/embellishment for every season like I did for Fall and Winter. I like the addition!

Delightful Nesting,


Partying Here
SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 


FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I don't know if I have a favorite, but the Christmas one is very bright. I love the main items you use and the way you create variety.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, you are so creative! What a great bunch of ideas for how to change things up year round!

    Thank you for sharing on A Crafty Soiree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails