Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor {Delightfully Nesting}

I realized recently that I've been overly ambitious in my decorating plans. I wish I had all day to make decorations, but I work full time, have a husband I do not wish to neglect, and a baby that's due in 3 weeks. I have to make time to craft, but I also have been learning to accept that all my ideas will not come into fruition right now-and that's OK. 

Plus, let me reiterate, I have a baby coming in 3 weeks. My life is about to turn upside down. Crafting will be a luxury in a few weeks!

I should've seen the light in January when everyone was posting their Valentine's projects and I was thinking, "What? Valentine's? That's like forever..oh two weeks...away."

So, my goal for seasonal decorating this year is adding here and there and when I am able. This may mean my projects won't be timely, so I'll have to wait to show them off until next year. But, that's OK too-it just means I'll have built-in content!

I have managed to add a bit of easy Valentine's Decor...yesterday...a week before Valentine's. Ha! Well, at least I'll leave it up for most of the month. If this baby decides to present herself early, it may be up until May. 

Here's what I've added this year. First, my Valentine's Centerpiece:


I didn't really like what I did last year. It was too cutesy Valentiny for a centerpiece. So, this year, I went with a more natural feel with Valentine colors. I already had everything on hand too, so it cost me nothing! I simply mixed elements I've used from other seasons.

I love those fake hydrangea balls-I bought them at Michael's last year and they have made a reappearance this year, so you can still get them. 

The smaller pieces are harder to see-I apologize for the blur. They are filled with pink stones, white berries, and mini pinecones. It is still Winter, after all! Or finally Winter here in NC I should say.

Remember my Winter tree with the mini snowflake garland?
Well, I was going to make a similar garland of mini hearts, but knew it would be tedious and I wouldn't have much time before Valentine's actually arrived. So, maybe next year. I found a quick solution with these Styrofoam heart picks I had on hand.
It's perhaps a little cutesier than I prefer, but I like it for this year. Maybe I'll try the garland next year!

I am hoping to get a couple of quick projects done this weekend and will hopefully post them on Monday and Tuesday-just in the nick of time! Then I'll be able to show you my whole "mantle." Right now there's an empty frame on it and it looks sad. (There's also a half-way put together Ikea dresser in the middle of our living room, so there's a glimpse of the state of my nesting at the moment!).

Delightfully Decorating,

Linking To:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming   
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS   
Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Valentine decor. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails