Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Strawberry Trifle My Way {Delightful Morsel}

I love strawberry trifle and was craving it. So, I decided to make it for a party. However, I never actually made it before and couldn't find a recipe that sounded perfect for my craving. Authentic British trifle calls for jelly or jam, but that makes it a little too sweet in my opinion (probably because, unlike British whipped cream, we Americans put sugar in our whipped cream!)

There's a tea house near my parents that my mom and I like to go to and I love their strawberry trifle. So, I decided to take the elements I love about it and make my own recipe (which is super easy with trifle).

So, here is April's Ideal Strawberry Trifle (and it's super easy!):


Ingredients:
  • Pound Cake Mix (I personally prefer Betty Crocker's) and the ingredients it calls for
  • 1 Large box (about 6 oz.) of Instant Strawberry Jello (or 2 small)
  • 1 Large box (about 6 oz.) of Instant Vanilla Pudding (or 2 small)
  • 1 Tub of Cool Whip
  • Fresh Strawberries
 Directions:

1. Bake pound cake according to box instructions and let cool. Meanwhile, prepare Jello and vanilla pudding according to directions.

2. When cake is cool, cut into small squares (about 1").

3. Layer! Here's how I layered mine for my ideal mix of flavor- pound cake, Jello, pudding, pound cake, jello, pudding, Cool Whip, fresh strawberries (cut).

mmm. Most recipes call for Jello and cool Whip, but I love the pudding flavor which stood out to me at the tea house. Of course, theirs is made from scratch, but instant pudding does the trick for an easy dessert!

Delightful Dessert-Making (and Eating!),


Taking My Trifle to the Following Parties:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 

2 comments:

  1. The trifle looks so yummy! Delightful indeed! xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe i will be making this for a nye potluck next week!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails