Monday, February 6, 2012

Resin Flower Jewelry {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

You've probably noticed that resin flower cabochon jewelery is making a come-back, especially on Etsy. I love this trend! It's beautiful, feminine, vintage-looking, and even better-inexpensive to make yourself.

I started noticing pieces on Etsy and considered buying some for my Mom for her birthday. However, I enjoy jewelry-making, especially trying new techniques, so I decided to research the cost of materials. I was surprised by how inexpensive those precious little flowers are, so the decision was simple-I would make some for my Mom myself. It's more special that way, anyway!

I made her a matching necklace and bracelet set, which I designed myself with her style in mind.

I love how it turned out and she likes it too! 
 Here is how I created it:

Materials
All Silver Materials were purchased at Hobby Lobby. Brand names are in parentheses.
  • Silver flower bottoms (The Jewelry Shoppe)
  • Silver link beads (The Jewelery Shoppe)
  • Pearl Clasp (The Jewelery Shoppe)
  • Silver Jump Rings (The Jewelery Shoppe)
  • Silver Chain for Necklace (The Metal Gallery)
  • Silver Lobster Clasp for necklace (The Metal Gallery)
  • Resin Chrysanthemum Cabochons (Etsy-Steam Punk and Stones)
  • Resin Roses (PickYourPlumb)
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Jewelery Pliers
How To:
(I figured this out as I went.)
1. First, I used the hot glue gun to attach the resin flowers to the metal bottoms and let them dry for at least 30 minutes.  

2. Next, I arranged the pieces the way I wanted them to look. I linked each piece together with jump rings and pliers. If you do this, be careful to make sure you link each piece in the same direction so that it will not twist when fully together!

3. For the necklace, I but the flowers together first so that I could measure how long I wanted each chain piece to be for the length of the necklace. I then attached each chain piece to the sides with jump rings.

4. Last, I attached the clasps with jump rings. 

Delightfully Creating,

Linking To:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 

2 comments:

  1. I've also noticed the trend too! I'm also seeing a lot of molds on etsy for making own cabochons with clay or resins. That's something I want to try someday. Good job with the jewelry set! I'm sure your mom will love it! xoxo.Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out gorgeous! My MIL has gotten into beading, but she loves flowers and I'm sure she would love this set.

    Thanks so much for visiting us for our SITS day! With two young children, it is taking me some time to get around to everyone's blogs... have always loved yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails