Sunday, February 19, 2012

Football Birthday Card {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

I love to make handmade cards for people. When I saw this football paper that looked and felt like a football, I knew I had to get a sheet and try something with it. This idea is not completely mine- I saw a similar idea in a magazine a while back and remembered it when I saw the paper. It's miraculous I remembered the concept-perhaps I should have studied for school with colorful magazines!

Here is the football card I made for my Dad for his birthday:


Yep, I drew the black part by looking at a photo of a football. Another miracle because normally I can't draw, but it turned out pretty decent.

Here how I made this card:

Materials:
  • White card stock
  • Football Leather scrapbook paper- Reminisce Real Sports Line (A.C. Moore)
  • Hemp String (can also use ribbon)
  • Happy Birthday Paper (had on hand, so not sure the brand or where I bought it)
Tools:
  •   Black permanent marker
  • Ruler
  • Pin
  • Tag Punch
  • Paper Trimmer
How To:

1. Cut white card stock to 8.5" x 5.5" and fold sideways, so the card is 4 1/4"x 5.5."
 
2. Cut football paper slightly smaller than the white card stock. Draw black part of football with permanent marker (I drew first with pencil and traced over.)

3. Now comes the lacing part-there is a bottom layer and a top layer. Poke holes, using a pin, to lace string through. Start with the bottom layer-you should poke 2 holes at the top left corner (in between black part) and 2 holes at the bottom right (in between black part). Lace and secure in the back by tying off the string. Then punch and lace the second layer on top with horizontal "stripes." Secure in back by tying.

4. Punch Tag from "Happy Birthday" paper and tie onto laced part.

5. Glue Football paper onto the front of white card stock card.

And there you have it-a fun football birthday card.

Delightfully Creating,


Bring My Card to the Following Parties:

SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Uncommonly Yours with Uncommon 

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 
Whatcha Got Weekend with Lolly Jane Boutique 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower with GFC and LF. I would love if you stopped by and followed back so we can stay connected. Lori
    http://www.bleak2unique.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails