Monday, January 23, 2012

Mini Snowflake Tree {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

I am still not done with Winter! I recently made this little "tree" with twigs I collected last Spring. Yep, last Spring. I needed to do something with them because I'm sure my husband was wondering why I was keeping a bunch of twigs in the corner.


I really wanted a white base because the bookshelf on whichI planned to put it is black. I found a cute little bronzed planter at Michael's, so I decided to get it and paint it antique white with acrylic paint. I liked the etchings on it, so I sanded those areas down, so the etchings would show through. Then, I sealed it. I love how it turned out!
After the base, I put the tree and garland together. Here's How I did It:

Materials:
  • Planter: (Michael's)
  • Acrylic Paint-Antique White from Folk Art
  • Floral Foam (I got mine at the Dollar Tree)
  • Twigs
  • Twine String
  • Mini Snowflake Punch
  • Paper in various blues
  • small piece of linen
How To:
 
1. After I the base dried, I put the floral foam inside-it was curved, so it fit perfectly. I then arranged the branches by sticking them into the foam. I covered it with a piece of linen to hide the foam.

2. For the garland, I punched out snowflakes from various blue colored paper and glued them to the string. When it dried, I hung it on the branches. 

Here it is on my Winter bookshelf.



This cute little Winter decoration cost me about $10 because I had most of the materials on hand. I had to buy the planter, punch, and foam.

Delightfully Creating,


Linking To
SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming   
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS   
Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOO Cute!!!!!



    sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I still have my winter decorations up too. I found you through Today's Creative Blog. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails