Monday, January 2, 2012

Lace Cuff Bracelet {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

2012 is here! I'm excited about what this year will have in store here at Cup of Delight. This year I will become a mom for the first time, so things might slow down around March-hopefully you;ll stick with me as I figure out life. I tend to be a little too ambitious...especially about how many craft project I want to do. 

Onto today's craft-I saw this lovely lace cuff bracelet on U-Create Crafts from I {Heart} Naptime. Here is mine made with green satin:


So pretty! It's inexpensive too, as the materials will make several bracelets. I made this one as a gift, but I'm thinking I will have to make one for myself!

I used Jamielyn's tutorial at U Create, which is fantastic, so there's no need for me to re-create it. I do, however have a couple of tips that I learned in the process:

1. I couldn't find elastic lace that was as wide as hers, so I bought a double-layered elastic lace and pulled the sides to separate. The top layer will be skinnier, but it still looks great-and it easily stays apart when you add all the embellishments.

2. The flowers petals do not have to be perfect-it all comes together once you glue it together.

Delightfully Creating,

 Linking To:

SUNDAYS
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
 Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor

4 comments:

  1. pretty! I love lace and black lacy is so elegant!

    I’m having a link party on my blog today if you want to come over and share this I’d be just tickled pink! Here’s the link if you’re interested! http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/t-time-51-and-link-party.html Happy New Year, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love how it turned out. Thanks for linking up at Friday Frolic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty, and thanks for giving us the link for the tutorial. I think I might try it. Wishing you might consider posting this at Sunday's Best party going on now. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up! Your cuff is so cute!

    Amanda
    everycreativeendeavor.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails