Thursday, January 19, 2012

Faux Friday: Shabby Apple Simply Alice Knock Off

Every other week is "Faux Friday" where I post a Knock-off project I or someone else has made. 

I started "Faux Friday" almost a year ago and I've loved doing it because it challenges me to try new crafting techniques I would never normally try. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to slow down on the knock off projects due to costs and the fact that I'm going to pop out a human in less than two months. 

But, don't worry, Faux Friday is not disappearing! I am either going to try to feature more knock offs from other bloggers and keep it at every other week OR move it to once a month, but it will not disappear entirely.

If you happen to have a knock off project you'd like featured, please email me at cupofdelight{at}yahoo{dot}com!

Now, onto today's Knock Off. I saw the "Simply Alice" bracelet on Shabby Apple and knew this had to be my next project. I already had a pink freshwater pearl bracelet that broke, so I figured this would be a great way to revitalize it. 

This Shabby Apple's version, sold for $55

Mine was essentially free, since I already had the materials, BUT it probably would've cost me about $5 to make. This is mostly due to the fact that I got the pearls in China where they are super cheap.So, I saved $50!

My version:


The Shabby Apple one is one strand, but my old bracelet was a three-strand and I actually liked the way it looked and was laid out, so I first re-created that bracelet. So, instead of having a claw clasp like the SA one, mine just wraps around my wrist.

I made the bracelet by stringing the beads on jewelry wire (I think mine is 20-guage) and shaping it to circle around my wrist naturally. That's how my old bracelet was originally made before the ends started giving out. I'm not sure what the originally maker did, but I shot some glue inside the end pearls to secure them on the ends of the wire.

Then, I simply tied a black satin bow on the backside of one strand (so that it would not hinder me from wrapping the bracelet around my wrist). 

I like how it looks laying there on a table. :-) The verdict is still out about how I feel about it on my wrist. 


The bow is a cute idea, but I'm not sure I love it. It reminds me of a tux. I think that's supposed to be the affect, though-like the Rabbit's bow tie from Alice in Wonderland. It's growing on me, though.

Delightfully Knocking Off, 

Linking To
SUNDAYS

Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks 
Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 

5 comments:

  1. It's perfect! You can never go wrong with a good pearl bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty I hope you'll add it to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Thanks for linking up at So Very Creative. I will be featuring this today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this bracelet!! I'm gonna have to give it a go when I get all moved and settled.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails