Monday, January 9, 2012

DIY Winter Art {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

All my Christmas decorations are down, so I've been trying to place touches of Winter around our apartment. I like to put up some non-Christmas Winter decorations before I jump into Valentine's Day. Hearts and flowers just seem out of place to me in January.

Despite the fact that it's 60 degrees and sunny outside, I'm pretending we live in a Winter Wonderland with my DIY art for Winter.


Because there isn't much time between New Year's and Valentine's, I went simple. Fir the larger piece, I used a free printable from Stay At Home Artist. I embellished the snowflakes with some pearl embellishments I already hand, so it was practically free!


 For the black frame, I was really lazy and just pasted a snowy pine cone embellishment from Jolee's Boutique onto blue scrapbook paper.





For the silver frame, I cut out a snowflake embellishment from The Paper Studio and added pearl embellishments that I had on hand.


And that is my DIY art for Winter. I've now done a whole year's worth of DIY art, so I will have to show them all together soon. 

Delightfully Creating,


Linking To:

SUNDAYS
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS   
Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Everybody's Creative Endeavor with Every Creative Endeavor 

Also 
The CSI Project - Challenge of the Week: Winter Decor and Crafts 



Thematic Thursday

6 comments:

  1. April-

    I love that last frame! Anything with snowflakes...

    Hope you are faring well

    ReplyDelete
  2. April,
    I love all your frames! Very talented. I saw thing page & I just had to follow you!

    *follow please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I found you via Crazy Cute Thursdays and am a new follower. I have a new meme called Thematic Thursday and this week's theme is Winter/Snow. I'd love to see this post linked up. Find Thematic Thursday here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful little framed creations!
    Happy New Year!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the Let It Snow frame...

    I'm hosting a Winter Wonderland theme link party on Monday and would love it if you stop by and link this up!

    -Melissa
    www.SerendipityandSpice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the snowflake!! So pretty. The beads give it the perfect touch.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails