Sunday, January 22, 2012

Delights of the Week: Valentine's Cuteness and More!

The following are some of my favorite projects I saw in blogland throughout the past week. Please click on links for details and tutorials!

There is a lot of Valentine Cuteness going on in the blogsphere right now, so this week's Delights is a bit Valentine heavy. 

I've always loved Valentine's Day because my parents made it fun for me and my sister growing up. They always gave us a little treat gift. It was extra special because my Dad usually picked out something especially for us. It made me feel known and loved by my Dad and in later years I never felt that Valentine's Day was all about having a boyfriend (or not having one, which is how I spent the majority of mine until Jeff! :-)) Because of that, I always made it a point to have fun on Valentine's Day sans significant other. And yes, as weird as it is, Jeff is the only guy I've seriously dated-and not until the age of 27. But, I will tell that story later! And thanks Mom and Dad for loving me well!

OK, onto the Delights!

Flower Heart Wreaths from Bliss Bloom Blog

 These lovely wreaths by Mel are my kind of Valentine's Decor. As she amusingly puts it, she wasn't ready for her house to "look like cupid's lair." I share her sentiments! I like the cutesy Valentine's stuff, but it's usually not my personal style. 

Infant Peasant Dress from Sew Much Ado

 So precious! Of course, their pattern (free on their blog) can be used for anytime of year. With less than two months until my little girl arrives, I can't get enough of baby girl cuteness. I really want to try it, but I'm a pre-beginner sewer and the elastic scares me.  

Guitar Gift Bags from Crafty Pink Anchor

Here's my one non-Valentine's pick (no pun intended). Love these gift bags that Kim made!

Valentine Pennant Banner from Crafty Sisters

    This banner from Candace and Nicole is some Valentine cuteness I can love! The paper is adorable.

Used Dryer Sheet Envelopes from Sunny Vanilla

 Jen gives us a fabulous way to recycle those used dryer sheets! Of course, this can be used for things other than Valentine's Day, but it's a perfect and free little pocket for your love notes. 

Yummy Goodness of the Week:
Valentine's Day S'mores from Haniela's Food and Photography

  These are so perfect for Valentine's Party or gift! Everything is homemade-even the marshmallows. Click link for recipes.

Free Printable of the Week:
Hershey Kiss Stickers from Shindig Parties To Go

 Spiff up your Valentine's Kisses with these adorable stickers! Click on link to download the freebie.

Keep on Creating! 

4 comments:

  1. Elastic is super easy - if you have already sewn the part where you feed it through, you just take the end of elastic and put a huge safety pin on it, feed it through the sewn part, pull it out the other end, and sew the elastic together. the sewing part might be hard though. i don't know how to make gathers. i used to use my mom's sewing machine and make pajama pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my heart wreaths! I'm loving all the V-day inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my guitar gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks April! :) I think I might have to try making those yummy heart smores you shared!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails