Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Christmas Decor {Delightfully Nesting}

Here is a view of my Christmas decorations this year. I am slowly adding pieces each year. 

My Faux Mantle (AKA Bookshelf)

book shelf-whole

I like slightly off Christmas colors and I really love this combo, so I decided to start it this year-Cranberry, Clover Green, Silver, and light blue.

Here are some close-ups (with link to posts about my crafts/diy projects):



Mini Trees

bookshelf trees


Ornaments and Lantern
ornaments and lamp


mini paper wreath


Dining Room Centerpiece
centerpiece

I went with traditional colors for this one. 

Our Christmas Tree
(Yep, it's an NC State/Travel Christmas Tree)
tree

We live in a tiny apartment, so a full-size tree is out of the question for now. We put up this little guy filled with my husband's NC State ornaments and mementos from our travels together. 

The Corner Shelf
corner shelf

(I put Rolos in it!)

Mini Forest with another fabric tree, paper tree, and my Yarn Tree

corner shelf trees


My Mini Tree
end table
 Here's the tree that started it all! My mini tree I got when I was 9 years old. It came from Hallmark and I have a collection of Hallmark miniature ornaments from years past.  I added the random display next to it with some stuff I had on hand. My mom gave me the little nutcracker. 

The Big Bookshelf
Please forgive how messy and crowded this is! I have not mastered this shelf and our many books yet-and by mastered I mean make them pleasing to the eye. 

big shelf

I will address the menorah and driedle first (and the irony of them placed below the "Christian Life" label :-)) So, long story short, when I was a little girl I really wanted to be Jewish. I still am a lover of Jewish people and culture. But, when I was a girl I was a little weird about it. I convinced my mom to buy me a driedle (with my limited understanding of Jewish holidays) and tried to get my friends to play with me. In my adult life, my friends like to encourage my interest, so they like to gift me with Jewish things like this menorah and driedle-and Passover plates and random t-shirts.

I'm a Christian by faith and though I really wish I would find out I was culturally Jewish, it probably won't happen. Ain't no harm-my Saviour is Jewish and the Old Testament is still important to my faith, so celebrating Jewish holidays is not so weird. But, you should know, Hanakkuh is actually a minor Jewish holiday.

As for the other decor-I made the "JOY" for our Christmas card this year, so I slapped it up there with that little tree I found at Target. Thought it was cute and it reminded me of Charlie Brown.

Advent Wreath



And that is my Christmas Decor for 2011. I may add one more thing, if I have time-even though it is only 11 days until Christmas (I'll re-use it!)

Delightful Holiday Nesting!


Linking To:
SUNDAYS
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 


WEDNESDAYS
 Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 

Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

A Pinteresting Link Party with Space 46 

4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas decor looks great! I love that booktree and tree mad eout of spools. Super cute!

    Coley @
    whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color scheme! I, too, enjoy off beat Christmas colors, but my hubby is a purist, so light blue is about as wacky as he can handle.
    Thanks for visiting my site! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the details are so beautiful and work so well together! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Best, My

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decor looks great! Amazing! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading more of your posts. I'd appreciate it if you came by my blog and followed me back. Thanks! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails