Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Christmas Art {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

If you've been following my blog for more than a couple of months, you probably know that I have a space on my bookshelf with DIY art that I change seasonally and per holiday.

I recently finished my DIY art for Christmas and put it on display. I'll be showing you my whole shelf soon-I still need to finish decorating. Ack!


Here are some close-ups:

The Paper Christmas Tree


I saw this idea on Simply Living. I thought it was super cute and easy (and fast!) so I did it with a couple tweaks of my own. I used a star button for the top and a wooden spool for the trunk. The paper I used was My Mind's Eye Countdown to Christmas, which I bought at Michael's.

Button Wreath Art

Simple but cute. I like Christmas colors that are a little off, so this year I decided to start this color scheme-cranberry, Clover Green, light blue, and silver. I can't wait until I have the whole vignette finished! Hopefully it will be done today. 

Manger Art


I wanted one piece to demonstrate my faith and the reason I celebrate Christmas. I'm not an artist, so I decided to make it with random found materials. I purposely made this abstract. 

I have a little qualm with nativities, which is why I do not have one nor have I made one. I know, I am a weirdo. :-) But here's the thing-I just can't find one I love. They are either historically/biblically inaccurate, the figurines are white with blond hair and blue eyes (which would fall under the previous category since Jesus and his family were Jewish), or they are too cutesy for my taste. I'm sure I'm ridiculous, but oh well!

I admit, I have a hang-up with the white Jesus thing. And I'm as white as they get. So, for my little piece I used a tiny wooden bowl for baby Jesus' head (I had this in my craft supplies), but yep, I stained it to make it browner. I admit it-I am a nerd.

Delightfully Creating,


Linking To:

FOR CHRISTMAS
Handmade Holiday with Just a Girl
A Crafty Creative Christmas with Me Making Do 
Holiday Link Party  with Momnivore's Dilemma
Holiday Link Party with That's What {Che} Said 
Christmas Craft Marathon  with Lisa's Craft Blog
Christmas Link Party With My World Made By Hand

SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming  
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

One Project at a Time with A Bowl Full of Lemons 

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Handmade on Humpday with Created By Cori

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me 

FRIDAYS
Friday Frolic with Pocket Full of Pink 

Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo

9 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I like the way your tree came out! And I really like the abstract manger as well! Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these...so very cute! Thanks for sharing at my Christmas linky :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute art!! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/bedazzle-me-monday-11.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. I love how you used the spool for the trunk of the tree. And what a great colour combo in your little button wreath. And Baby Jesus - he is adorable! I had never thought about the blonde historical inaccuracy. Your baby's stained head is quite appropriate!
    Please come visit me at
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Christmas Tree! I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow me back! Would you link this to my Handmade on Humpday link party that I have going on over at my blog?

    http://createdbycori.blogspot.com/2011/12/handmade-on-humpday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I especially love framing the crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmas tree --- thank you so much for sharing!
    Blessings, Becky
    www.fromgentogen.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing on Friday Frolic!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails