Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Banner {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

November is a CRAZY month for me and Jeff. We've already been out of town twice and will be again this week, this weekend and then for Thanksgiving-totally nuts!

Needless to say, I haven't much time for crafts, let alone squeezing some Thanksgiving crafts in before it is over. I need to start on my Christmas gifts! I know, let's not talk about my procrastination. But, I did manage to squeeze in one quick Thanksgiving banner to add to my Fall decor. 


Here's a close-up of the right side, for a better look:


I love it! I love how you can do such cute things with mere paper! This was ALMOST a "Find It and Make It" craft, but I bought the Chipboard letters specifically for this project-I don't have the time to print and cut out letters nor the money to buy a cutting machine. 

Since most of the materials were leftover from other projects and I paid half-price for the chipboard letters, I essentially paid $1.50 for this project.

Here's how I made it:

Materials:
  • Beige card stock
  • Card stock in Fall colors (I used DCWV Harvest Gathering Matstack, from Jo Ann's)
  • Distress Ink (Mine came from Hobby Lobby-in the stamp section)
  • Chipboard letters (mine came from Hobby Lobby)
  • Jute Twine
  • Brown Satin Wired Ribbon
  • Fake or Real Leaves (I used fake ones because I want to re-use this banner, but don't they look real?! Love 'em!)
  • Glue stick (I use Elmer's Craft Bond) and Tacky Glue (I use Elmer's Tacky Craft Glue)
How To, 
Or Proof That You Can Still Make Fabulous Paper Crafts Without a Cutting Machine :
Though not gonna lie, I want a Silhouette!

1. First, I made the background shapes on my computer using Publisher and free digital scrapbooking frames. I picked four shapes I liked and printed each once on card stock, so I could cut them out and trace them (and keep them for future use.)

2. I traced the shapes on beige card stock, cut them out and inked the edges with distress ink.

3. For the second layer, I traced the smaller circle and squares on the Fall paper, cut them out, and inked the edges with distress ink. 

4. I glued the papers together and then glued on the letters using tacky glue.

5. After the letters were dry, I strung them onto the silk ribbon. I punched two normal sized holes on each side of each letter and strung the ribbon through the backs. Then, I added the leaves by punching a hole at the top of each leaf and tying them on with small pieces of jute twine.

6. Finally, I cut the ribbon's ends to the length I wanted to hang down.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Delightfully Creating,
 Linking To:

SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming  
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 

Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything 

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating 

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me  

 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the banner. SO cute, love the way you made each one a little different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April, thank you so much for sharing your lovely banner that you made for Thanksgiving. It really is cute and yes, you don't have to have fancy cutters, etc. to make great crafts. I don't have anything like that and I do okay, LOL I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails