I live in North Carolina and everyone knows that collard greens are about as southern as you can get. Here is an easy and yummy way to prepare this southern veggie.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 3 bunches collard greens, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced OR minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the collard greens in batches and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the greens to a colander and rinse under cool water. Squeeze the leaves to remove any excess water.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the greens, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until wilted and tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Lemon Chicken and
Delightful Southern Sauteing,