Saturday, October 29, 2011

Williams-Sonoma Fall Wreath Knock Off {Faux Friday}

In case ya'll missed my guest post at The Ivy Cottage on Monday, I am re-posting it for Faux Friday! Thanks so much to Amanda for having me as a guest-go check out her blog if you haven't already. She just did an amazing garage-to-craft room re-do!

I saw this Fall wreath at Williams-Sonoma and loved it, but not the $99.95 price tag!


So, I decided to make me own, which cost me $22.75. I saved $77.20 and delight in my wreath more because I made it myself!

Here is my version:


Here's how I did it:

Materials:
I bought all the materials at Hobby Lobby, but you can find them at most craft stores.  
  • Grapevine Wreath
  • Moss
  • 19 Mini pumpkins (these happened to be on a stick, which made them easier to stick in the wreath)
  • Thick brown ribbon
  • Glue
 Tutorial:
  1. Spread glue over the front of the Grapevine wreath and arrange moss to cover the front. This will take some of trimming (and may be messy!)

2. Stick in mini pumpkins (if they are on a stick) and/or glue pumpkins around the inner and outer edges of wreath, making two circles. I used glue to reinforce the pumpkins, even though they stuck in the wreath. Let dry.

3. Tie bow at top of wreath. I used a regular box because I like them better, but there's a lot of tutorials online for how to tie a double bow or fancier one, if you prefer that type of bow. 

Hang and Enjoy!

Delightfully Creating Fabulous for Less,

Linking To


SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating

Crazy Cute Link Party with Between U & Me
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love your wreath April and love how much $$$$ you saved making it yourself! It looks just like the original. I featured it over at
    So Very Creative.
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/11/fall-knock-off-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! Yours looks exactly like the inspiration!! great job!!! I love knocking off Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yours better! It has more color and is cheerful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great! I'd like to invite you to link to my weekly Things I've Done Thursday party that goes until tomorrow at noon EST. I think my readers would love your stuff!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/11/things-ive-done-thursday-9-and-etsy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I'm planning to feature it next week on Thrifty Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Killer knock-off, April. I'm featuring it tonight at Creative Juice.

    Hope your pregnancy is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I featured this post today on my blog! Come check it out! ;D

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring today or tomorrow on Bacon Time! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails