Sunday, October 16, 2011

Last Minute DIY Costume Idea {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

I GOT to wear a costume this weekend!! Yes, I count it as a privilege because I'm weird and I like costumes. 

My husband and I are on staff with a Christian college ministry and every year we have a Fall retreat. Every year we have a dance party at this retreat because we like to have fun alongside helping students to grow in their faith. 

Our dance party is also a costume party and this year's theme was "Childhood Games." So, we were to dress up either like characters from a video or board game OR as the game itself. Sounds complicated, but our students were really creative-I'll be posting some of their costumes tomorrow!

I had grand plans for another costume that didn't happen because I didn't have time to pull it off. So, I had to think of something to pull together the day before we left, but I ended up loving it! My husband and I went a "Red Light/Green Light."


It's hard to tell from this picture, but yes, we did light up! You can see us light up in this one, though unfortunately, it's blurry.


All we did is buy round touch lights from the dollar store (they are batter operated) and wrap them in red, yellow, and green tissue paper (also from the dollar store) and then duct taped them to our black clothes with black duct tape. Super easy! Everyone got it too. This costume would also work for one person who wants to be a traffic light.

I'll be posting more about the party tomorrow since I had the privilege of planning it-more costumes and decorations!

Delightfully Creating and Dressing Up,

 Linking To

Visit thecsiproject.com
SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom   
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
The Scoop with
Cedar Hill Ranch // The Farmhouse Porch // Confessions of a Plate Addict // White Lace Cottage
The Inspiration Exchange with
Clean and Scentsible // City Farmhouse // Ella Claire // Yellow Bliss Road 
Time To Shine with A Diamond In the Stuff 

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
The 36th Avenue Party Time with The 36th Avenue 
Thursdays Are Your Days with 52 Mantels

FRIDAYS
Anything Goes Party with Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo
Link Party Palooza with
 I Heart Nap Time // Lil’ Luna // Somewhat Simple // Tatertots & Jello //
Today’s Creative Blog

SATURDAYS/SUNDAYS
Overflowing with Creativity with It's Overflowing 

Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
 Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

10 comments:

  1. Cute costume! I love that it lights up. So much fun. My son would get a kick out of that. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across.
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/10/cure-for-common-monday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured this post today on my blog! :D

    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those costumes! your newest follower, Karima www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great costume and even better that it really lit up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that your costume works! I might be using this idea next weekend :)

    Thanks for the info on the dollhouse, too. Hobby Lobby just had a 50% off sale on all dollhouse items! I also ordered one of the greenleaf furniture sets to try out. They do have reasonable prices...I hope I'm patient enough to get it put together well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your fun costumes on this week's Terrific Under Ten!
    http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/09/welcome-to-terrific-under-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails