Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween Treat Bags {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

I made these little Halloween treat bags this weekend for my niece and nephew. They were quick, easy, and inexpensive!

They are small (not Trick-or-Treating bags), but they are the perfect size for the little Halloween treats I am mailing to them.


The Jack-O-Lantern with the side smile is for my 3-year old nephew. (Ignore the glue spot-I took the photo when it was still wet-oops!)

The owl is for my 7-year old niece (she's into owls these days).

I had most of the materials on-hand already (except the bags) so it was super inexpensive. 
Here's How I did It.

Materials
  • Treat bags (3 for $1 at Target-the $ Spot)
  • felt
  • buttons (for owl eyes)
  • 2 Double sided adhesive sheets(I got mine from Michael's)
I made the pattern for the appliques by finding free owl and pumpkin clip art online and printing them to the right size on card stock (I can't draw to save my life). I traced each pattern on one side of an adhesive sheet. Then, I attached the other side to the felt and cut out the applique. After the shape was cut, I peeled the paper off the other side and stuck the applique to the bag. For the owl, I did this for both the body and tummy. Next, I cut out the beak, mouth, eyes, nose and glued them all on with the button eyes. Super easy!

Delightfully Creating,

Linking To

SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom   
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays with At Home With K 


WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Making It With Allie
with What Allie's Making Now

FRIDAYS
Fantabulous Friday Link Up with Momma's Kinda Crafty
For the Kids Fridays with Sun Scholars 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, I just LOOOOVE these! Especially the owl bag--I have a thing for owls myself these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! I'm hosting a Fabulous Fall party over at Not So Simple Housewife and I'd love for you to link this up! We are celebrating Fall and giving me and everybody else some great inspiration. We are looking for crafts, decor, food, and more! I'd love for you to add this and any other fall posts you may have!

    Kaitlin-The Not So SImple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2011/10/fabulous-fall-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the owl bag! It can serve for Halloween and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet, thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails