Sunday, September 25, 2011

Upcycled Mum Gate Fall Decor {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

Several months ago I found this beautiful, quaint mum gate at an antique warehouse. I decided to use it as a photo holder and make it changeable with the seasons. I finally have it ready for the first time-just in time for Fall.


I love the way it looks- I wish that we had a different colored wall since the gate is a cream color, but we rent and will be moving out in less than a year, so no painting walls! And no, those aren't my kids-my niece and nephew are the only other family members who made it on this season, but it's because I don't have fall pictures of anyone else. (We don't have kids yet, but our first is growing in my tummy. :-))

Here's a close-up of the mini Autumn and leaf banners:





For the mini leaf garland, I used a leaf hole punch and glued it onto jute thread. For the mini banner, I used a tag punch, leaf bunch, and brown letter stickers. I distressed the cream paper with distress ink to give it an aged look. The Fall paper I used is DCWV's Harvest Gathering Matstack. 

To hang the photos, I painted clothespins and distressed them with distress ink.

I'll be changing it at Christmas, so stay tuned!

Delightfully Creating,


Linking This Post To:

SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming   
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Home Decor&Organizing Party with Organize and Decorate Everything 

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Making It With Allie
with What Allie's Making Now
Thrifty Thursday with Thrifty Decorating

FRIDAYS
Fantabulous Friday Link Up with Momma's Kinda Crafty

FALL LINK PARTIES 
Centsational Girl 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I do something similar w/ a four piece old shutter. But I LOVE your gate! I would love to find that somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I love how you think outside the box! I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! That is so very pretty. What a wonderful find.
    I'm your newest follower!
    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails