Friday, September 30, 2011

The NEW Pottery Barn Inspired Centerpiece


Last year, I made a Fall centerpiece that was inspired by both Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma. You may recall my story of how this centerpiece came to a tragic end when the larger piece hit our stained concrete floor and shattered (and also ruined the filling).

I soon found a larger piece that was similar to the old one, but since the filling was ruined, I decided to change it up this year. However, I was still inspired by this Potter Barn piece:


I love the leaves wrapped around with jute, so I decided to go with that look. Not an exact copy, but inspired by Pottery Barn, here is my new Fall Centerpiece:


My small pieces are the same (I bought the tiny pine cones and pumpkins at Hobby Lobby-they have them again this year). For the large piece, I went with the bigger mini pumpkins. I saw them at Michael's and fell in love, so I had to get them for the large piece.

To make the leaves wrap, I used fake (but realistic looking) leaves from a craft store. I think they came from Michael's, but I already had them so I am not 100 percent sure. I glued the leaves together with craft glue, the length it would take to wrap around the glass. Then, I attached self-adhesive Velcro circles to each end, so the wrap could be easily removed. I use these pieces for every season, so I did not want it to stick permanently. It worked perfectly! After I wrapped and secured the leaves, I tied the jute around the middle of the leaves.

I like it even better than last year's!

Delightful Fall Decorating to You,

Linking To:
SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming  Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
So Very Creative with So Very Creative
Craft Catwalk with Embellishing Life

Motivate Me Monday with Keep It Simple
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks
Making It With Allie
with What Allie's Making Now

FRIDAYS
Fantabulous Friday Link Up with Momma's Kinda Crafty

FALL LINKY PARTIES
Centsational Girl  


The Lettered Cottage
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think I am the only person in the world without those hurricane vases! Love the job you did; they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAD me at the happy c'woffee and delightful blog header - but WHAT lovely centerpieces! Cue the Pumpkin Spice - I'm in love! Great share!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails