Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Yummy Manhattan Eats! {Delightful Adventures}

I've been spending my summer in New York City, living in Manhattan, so I've been able to eat at some lovely places. Here are some places I liked best.

Greenwich Village

29 Cornelia Street
(between 4th and Bleecker)


Price: $16-$22 for entrees; $10-$20 for Brunch
Cuisine: American, European, French
Dress: Casual
Known For: Brunch and trendy atmosphere

I ate the Wild Mushroom and Summer Corn Risotto with shrimp and it was delicious!  This restaurant has a fun, quaint and comfortable atmosphere. I'd like to try the brunch next time.

310 W. 4th Street


Price: $25 for entrees
Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
Dress: Casual
Known For: Being a romantic date place

My sweet husband took me here on a date and I loved it! I ate the hangar steak and he had roasted lamb. We both enjoyed the yummy meals and the atmosphere is fabulous-trendy but comfortable.

Chelsea

The Breslin 
16 W. 29th Street
Inside the Ace Hotel


Price: $30 for entrees, $20 for Brunch
Cuisine: American, British, Pub Food
Dress: Casual
Known For: Brunch, Meat Entrees-especially the lamb burger

Jeff and I ate brunch here and it was superb! I had pancakes with ricotta and berries. It sounds weird, but it was flavored sweet and very yummy. I also had bacon tartlets on the side-they were amazing!

Upper East Side


Alice's Teacup (Chapter II)
156 E. 64th Street


Price: $10 for a pot of tea (about 3 cups) and 2 large scones
$8-12 for entrees
Cuisine: Tearoom food-sandwiches, scones
Dress: Casual
Known For: Tea and Scones, Whimsical atmosphere

If you got to New York City and you are a lady, you HAVE to go to Alice's! I love tearooms and this one is probably my favorite of all time-so far. The atmosphere is whimsical and quaint, but the food is superb. I was in heaven eating this lunch!

Alice has TONS of teas to choose from, but since it was hot, I drank an iced berry tea. and, yes, it still comes in a pot, but chilled. I had an egg salad sandwich was unique but yummy. For my scone, I chose a buttermilk and not a flavored, but mainly because I wanted their amazing raspberry preserves and clotted cream on top!

You can go for afternoon tea and get two scones and a pot of tea for only $10. It's lovely. I recommend making reservations if you go for lunch and have more than three people in your party.

Upper West Side

The Plaza Food Hall
1 W. 59th Street


Price: Depends at which section you eat-click link for menus.
Cuisine: Variety
Dress: Casual
Known For: Variety of Food-you can choose to eat at the bakery, grill, dumpling bar, sushi bar, etc. The Plaza Food Hall is a European-inspired restaurant owned and operated by celebrity chef, Todd English. (They have a little sign on their door letting you know if Todd is there or not.)

We ate at the Grill and I had the prime rib sliders-yum!

Union Square/Gramercy

Gramercy Tavern
42 E. 20th Street




Price: $20-$40 for entrees in the Tavern; $88 prix fixed menu in the Dining Room
Cuisine: American
Dress: Smart Casual
Known For: cuisine, atmosphere, started by celebrity chef Tom Colicchio

Jeff and I ate in the Tavern. we went at about 6:45 and were seated immediately (they do not take reservations for the Tavern). I had the $38 three-course menu and I chose the open beef ravioli for my appetizer, the hangar steak for my entree, and the strawberry pie for dessert. All were extremely tasty. This was one of min and Jeff's favorite places we ate the whole summer.

If you make it to NYC, definitely check out these restaurants.

Delightful Dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails