Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Fun in the City: Broadway, Boats, and Blossoms

Here's what I've been up to the past week in New York City!

Broadway-The Phantom of the Opera

This is my third time seeing The Phantom of the Opera. It's the longest running show in Broadway history and this is how I feel about that-


I DON'T GET IT! Sorry, Phantom fans. The production is great-the costumes and special affects. But, the plot is so stupid and all the characters (with a little exception of the Phantom) are shallow and vapid. The resolution comes too quickly and shallowly to be believable and if it weren't for the title number, the music would be pretty hard to deal with too.

I love musicals-just not this one.

And scene.

The Staten Island Ferry

The Staten Island ferry is FREE and takes about 30 minutes one-way. This time I went at night, which I've never done before. It's a great way to see the Statue of Liberty...


...and get fabulous photos of the NYC skyline. Love it at night!




Broadway-How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying


Jeff and I got rush tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. It made up for being forced to go see The Phantom with my group. We had box seats, so they were really close. 

The show was great-hilarious-and Daniel Radcliffe was phenomenal and didn't break his accent once!

High Line Park
Manhattan West Side
(click link for list of streets where you can enter)


The High Line is a public, elevated park located near the meatpacking district in Chelsea. Originally built in the 1930s, the High Line was created as an elevated railway for freight trains. New York City made it into a public park and opened the first section in 2009. The second section has recently been opened this year.


It's a fun place to sit and see lovely views of the city.



And they have flowers!


They also sponsor fun events, such as Stargazing-check out the website!

Delightfully Experiencing NYC,

2 comments:

  1. HA! I totally feel the same way about Phantom! Sorry you were forced to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your night time skyline shots, they are incredible! NYC is amazing, I hope to return someday in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails