Monday, July 25, 2011

A Few Good Ethnic Restaurants in NYC {Delightful Adventures}

New York City is the Mecca of ethnic cuisine! If you want it, they got it. Here are three ethnic restaurants in NYC that I enjoy. 


116th Street between 7th and 8th in Harlem
 Price: $12-$14
Cuisine: Senegalese (N. Africa)
Dress: Casual
 In what other city can you get Senegalese food? I had the Thiebou Guinar, which is grilled chicken with rice and vegetables. The food is yummy and the people who work there are very nice.
Bi Lokma
212 E.45th Street
(close to Grand Central Station)

Price: around $10 for entrees
Cuisine:Turkish
Dress: Casual 
  
My first taste of authentic Turkish cuisine was a great experience. I ordered the Ali Nazik-ground lamb over mashed eggplant puree. It was like comfort food-and that's saying a lot because I am usually not a huge fan of eggplant nor lamb.

Corner of Grand Street and Union Avenue, Brooklyn


 Price: Average of $12-$18; a few plates are more expensive
Cuisine: Argentine
Dress: Casual

Cafe Argentino serves authentic Argentine cuisine from empanadas to steak dishes. I ate the Pastel de Papa, which is  a traditional Argentine meat and potato pie. It was delicious! They also give you a lot of food, so it's definitely worth the money.

28 Mott Street in Chinatown
Price: Depends on which dinner you choose-the traditional Peking duck dinner is $30 per person and is served family style
Cuisine: Chinese
Dress: Casual

One of my favorite meals was at the Peking Duck House! I studied abroad in China, so I can say their food is authentic to Northern China. The dinner is family style and includes the traditional duck (which they carve inf= front of you), appetizers, other entrees of your choice, and a dessert of fried bananas (yum!). There is a location in Manhattan, but I recommend the Chinatown location. It's super nice and about $10/per person cheaper!


 Delightful Dining in NYC!


1 comment:

  1. just poping in from SITS....

    All of these sound wonderful
    I don't live in New York....but I have a niece who just moved there. I shall pass a link to your post on to her so that she might be able to enjoy.
    Who knows....maybe I might visit her and she can take me to one or two of these.

    Hope you had a beautiful day...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails