Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yummy Mid-town Manhattan Eats {Delightful Morsels}

I've been navigating the concrete jungle for two days! I have the blisters to prove it. But, that's because i walked 7 miles today! I will be so in shape by the end of the summer. Good thing, because I'm eating a lot of food.

In the past two days, I've dined at some yummy places in Midtown-the last two are my favorites!

350 5th Ave. at 34th Street
(in The Empire State Building)


Price: $16-$30 for entrees
Cuisine: Pub Food
Dress: Casual
Known For: Rotisserie Chicken and Their Own Brewed Beers

I ate the Wild Mushroom Ravioli, which was delicious. The restaurant is good, but not really anything special-a typical restaurant bar.

99 Cent Fresh Pizza
East 43rd between Lexington and 3rd

Price:99 cents a slice or $2.75 for two slices and a drink
Cuisine: Pizza
Dress: anything-there's no seating
Known For: cheap, yummy pizza

99 Cent Fresh Pizza is all over, but this is the one where I usually eat it. There are also several $1 pizza places, but this one is my favorite so far. It's really delicious New York style pizza and it's so stinkin' cheap!

The corner of 5th and 36th
near Bryant Park

Price: $7-$12
Cuisine: sandwiches, create your own pasta, quesadillas
Dress: casual, some seating
Known For: large variety of food

I've eaten at W Cafe several times. I like it because it's cheap and has a wide variety of choices. My personal favorite is the create your own pasta.

Bi Lokma
212 E.45th Street
(close to Grand Central Station)

Price: around $10 for entrees
Cuisine:Turkish
Dress: Casual
Known For: Authentic Turkish Cuisine

Tonight was my first visit to Bi Lokma, but it will not be the last. It was DELICIOUS! My first taste of authentic Turkish cuisine was a great experience. I ordered the Ali Nazik-ground lamb over mashed eggplant puree. It was like comfort food-and that's saying a lot because I am usually not a huge fan of eggplant nor lamb. 

 501 Madison Ave. 
(In Grand Central Station)

Price: $4 a cupcake
cuisine: cupcakes!

I love Crumbs. I look forward to my Crumbs cupcake every time I come to New York City. Many boast about Magnolia's, but in my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to Crumbs. My favorite cupcake is the raspberry swirl!


It is a white cake with white frosting with raspberry filling in the cake and a swirl on the top! mmmmmmm

So, check these places out when your in Midtown Manhattan!

Delightfully Eating Up NYC,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails