Since I'm livin' it up in New York City, I decided to post some ideas for an NYC Themed party!
- Cityscapes make fun invitations for any city-themed party. I love this one from Architette Studios.
These are hand-drawn, but you can also make cute ones with stamps-there's a lot of cute skyline stamps out there at pretty much any stamp or craft store.Here are two examples of cute handmade cards that could also serve as an invitation:
- You can also make invitations shaped as something New York City is known for-like an apple or a taxi cab.
- Setting a scene for photographs is a great idea. If it's a big party, you can go all out with something like this (rented from a party supply place):
Or you can buy, rent or make something simpler, like this:
- Trace or draw a cityscape on a long black roll of paper, hang it on a wall and surround the outline with small lights.
- Hang up NYC Road Signs on the walls
- Lots of places (including Target) sell cute little metal Empire State Buildings. You can set those out as table decorations or centerpieces if you have a seated party.
- Decorate your food with NYC shaped food picks, like these from Plum Party.
- Serve the food New York City is known for! hot dogs, pizza, pretzels, candied nuts, bagels, muffins, black and white cookies
- Since NYC is known as "The Big Apple," it's also fun to serve apples or anything with apples in it. For a kid's party, apple juice is a great beverage.
- You can have a simple cake, like this one from One Charming Party.
- Or you can ask a bakery to make a fun one like this:
- NYC Trivia
- Broadway "Name That Tune"
- For kids (or silly adults) you can split them into groups and have each group come up with their own "subway performance"-you can give them random objects like boxes, bean bags, cups, etc
- For kids, you can always play "Red Light, Green Light" That's pretty akin to walking around NYC!
- Oriental Trading Company has some cute New York City crafts for kids, like this make-your-own-magnet kit
- You can always order any cheap I Love NY stuff online!
- New York cookies like these from Sunflower Baking:
- Chocolate -covered pretzels in a cellophane bag. You can make or buy cute NYC tags to attach to them!
- I love this idea from The Indigo Bunting. She made these Subway candy tins and filled them with candy.
Hope you enjoyed these Big Apple ideas!