Thursday, April 7, 2011

Antique Tobacco Barn in Asheville, NC {Shopping Delight}

If you ever visit Asheville, NC you HAVE to stop by The Antique Tobacco Barn! It's near Biltmore Village which is also pretty fabulous. My friend Kristin told me about this place.

It's a warehouse full of treasures! Some of them are overpriced and some of them are amazing deals, so you need to go in with a savvy mind for antiques...or know how much you're willing to pay.

I had the pleasure of going there for the first time this past weekend. I was at a conference, but I stole some time away with my hubby to visit this place. We had fun winding in and out of piles of antiques, dreaming about the furniture we couldn't afford (and stained glass!) and laughing at the ridiculous finds, like a 1980s 45-record player with Michale Jackson's face covering the top.

I, alas, couldn't buy any stained glass or fabulously old and chic apothecary drawers, but I did get this little beauty!


It's a small mum gate and I am super excited about my plans for it! I'll show ya later!


Delightfully Treasure Hunting,


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a treasure!

    Yeah, I loved the back corner of old windows but they were still pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!!! I have a major obsession with all things old and involving pharmacy! Especially the old mortar and pestal and the apothecary drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in North Carolina for about 4 years, and despite how much I wanted to venture to the west side of the state, I never did! I'd love to go to Asheville! Beautiful little treasure you found!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails