Monday, March 14, 2011

Pot O' Gold Treats {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

My husband claims that I send a present to my niece and nephew for every holiday. OK. Maybe that's true! But, it's so fun! Plus, a little candy treat can hardly be considered a "present." Right?

I was perusing Hobby Lobby and got a little inspiration to make them a quick little St. Patrick's Day Treat. Thus, the Pot O' Gold came to fruition.


It's really easy-took me like 10 minutes per pot. The pot is made from felt. I found a good pot clip art online, made it the size I wanted and printed it for a pattern (I am TERRIBLE at drawing freehand). I hand stitched the two sides of the pot together with 6 strands of embroidery thread. I then sewed on the rainbow ribbon because pots of gold are found at the end of a rainbow! The glittery shamrock is a sticker I just stuck on there. I, of course, filled the pot with Rolos because they are yummy, and well, gold.

They should get them today!

Delightfully Dancing a Jig,



Participating in the Following Linky Parties-Check them out!

SUNDAYS
Think Pink Sunday with Flamingo Toes

MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
TUESDAYS
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
   The Creative Spark with Clean & Scentsible Show and Share with Southern Lovely What We Wore, Read, and Made with Rae Gun Ramblings

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On
with Gluesticks



Visit thecsiproject.com
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. How fun! I love that!

    I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by and see what we're up to!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-2-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be my Auntie??? I wouldn't mind getting one of those for Patty's Day myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is tooo cute! My little sister would love this!
    Your newest follower :):)

    http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thank you for sharing! I bet they love getting the little treats in the mail!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your niece and nephew are lucky, April. These came out really cute.

    Thanks for linking this project up at Creative Juice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making stuff for my niece and nephew too, any occasion works, right? I'm sure they love you for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails