Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Treats {Monday's Cup of Creativity}

Hey Ya'll!!!


A good excuse to make cupcakes for staff meeting!


I love making little treats for my girls (that is, the college girls I disciple/mentor) so this Valentine's Day, I made them these candy tubes:


There's your spoiler ladies, since I haven't seen you yet :-)

Here's How I did It:

Materials:
  •  Clear Tubes-I found mine in a craft store, but you can also get them online HERE.
  • Decorative Paper and coordinating solid paper (I am not sure what paper it is-I've had it forever)
  • Valentine Ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
  • Valentine Stickers (Hobby Lobby)
  • Martha Stewart Doily Circles (Michaels)
  • 1.5" circle Punch
How To:
  1. Cut decorative paper in strips 4"x4.5" Cover back of paper with glue stick and wrap around tube, pressing tightly.
2. Cut coordinating colored paper in strips 1"x4.5" Cover back of paper with glue stick and wrap around tube in the middle of the decorative paper. Place heart sticker in the middle front.

3. For tags, cut ribbon 8.5" long. Punch 1.5" circles from coordinating paper with circle punch. Glue circles in the middle of doily tags and place sentiment sticker in the middle. Tie Tag on with ribbon. 

I filled these cuties with M&Ms.

Delightfully Creating,


Participating in the Following Link Parties:
momnivore's dilemma

Keeping up with the Cantelmo's

Be Mine Bonananza with At Home With K
SUNDAYS
Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
MONDAYS
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Your So Very Creative with Me Making Do
TUESDAYS
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

WEDNESDAYS
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara

THURSDAYS
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Thrilling Thursday with Paisley Passions
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Get Your Brag On  With Gluesticks

FRIDAYS
Fabulous Friday Finds with Frou Frou Decor
Look at Me with It's Fun to Craft
Fantabulous Friday Link Up with Momma's Kinda Crafty
Who Made What with Naturally Me Creations

9 comments:

  1. Hi April, I love your blog. love the idea with the plastic tubes; what cute party favors they would make. you are a follower of my family blog and i am combining my cooking and family blogs into one called www.brightonparkblog.blogspot.com I dont want to lose you in the transition, so PLEASE stop by and follow me at the new improved blog. and I will be having a big giveaway in march to celebrate this transition! hope to see you there! katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! Even though they take longer to load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tubes! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties.

    - your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! And you can decorate them to suit an occasion! :)
    I'd love it if you'd link 'em up at my party this weekend, if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (tnx so much for linking these lovelies up at as well!) :D

    (oops, and i was supposed to say that you can decorate them for ANY occasion above!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. April-

    I love those candy tubes! Where did you find them?

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday!

    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how your tubes turned out! I really want to make those :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from {Share the Love} Link Up! :) I love the little m&m tubes! So cute! :)
    http://lovesparklepretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails