Friday, February 4, 2011

Buttons and Stitches Birthday Card {Find It and Make It Friday}

Every other Friday is "Find It and Make It" Friday where I make a craft from items I already have.

I recently made this card for my Mom's birthday from craft stuff I already had stored away:


Here's how I did it-

Materials:
  • White cardstock
  • Blue damask paper
  • red polka dot paper
  • Happy Birthday Foam Sticker
  • six buttons of different colors
  • embroidery thread and needle
  • craft glue
How To:
  1. Cut White card stock to size you want card, so fold will be on top. fold.
  2. Cut blue damask paper slightly smaller then front of card. Adhere with glue stick.
  3. Cut two small rectangles of red paper and one of white card stock, so that they fit in a line across card. Glue all of them on top of blue damask paper.
  4. For the stiches, use 2-3 threads and poke holes with needle before threading.
  5. Sew holes of buttons and glue them on with craft glue.
Delightfully Using up My  Stuff,

Link Parties In Which I participate:

Craft Schooling Sundays  with Creative Jewish Mom
Sunday Showcase with Under the Table and Dreaming
Craftomaniac Monday with Craftomaniac
Making Monday's Marvelous with C.R.A.F.T
Made By You Monday with Skip to My Lou
Your So Very Creative with Me Making Do
Handmade Tuesday with Ladybug Blessings
Tutorial Tuesdays with Hope Studios
Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I made with Creations by Kara
Creative Juice Thursday with Momnivore's Dilemma
Thrilling Thursday with Paisley Passions
Crafty Soiree with Yesterday on Tuesday and Katie's Nesting Spot
Fabulous Friday Finds with Frou Frou Decor
Look at Me with It's Fun to Craft
Fantabulous Friday Link Up with Momma's Kinda Crafty

7 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS! Such a cute card! I'll have to come back as I'm not so crafty although my children would love me to be more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I always have plenty of scraps and bits of stuff to use...so I'll be back for more ideas. Cute blog. DeeLight (Jennifer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card--and that you made it out of what you already have. I've been organizing my cardmaking supplies this week--almost finished. I like knowing what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, love the buttons! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, along with the towels! all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttons make everything cuter! This is such a lovely card. Please share your creativity with my followers, link to my blog bash K.I.S.S.

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails