Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine's Bathroom Towels: Monday's Cup of Creativity

I showed a picture of these Valentine's Day towels I made for our guest bathroom. They are no-sew and inexpensive!


Here's how I did it:

Materials:
  • Hand towels (I found these bright pink ones in the dollar spot at Target!)
  • Cute fabric (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby-it was part of a fabric scraps bundle)
  • a button
  • Frilly ribbon (I found this at Joann's-it was leftover from another project)
  • Regular ribbon (also bought at the dollar spot in Target)
  • Double-sided fabric adhesive (I found mine at Michael's)
  • Hem tape
How To:
  1. Trace patterns onto one side of the double-sided fabric adhesive. For the heart, I used a cookie cutter. For the "Love," I found a font on Word that I liked, typed it really big, printed it and cut. Make sure you trace the letters backwards, so they are forwards when you stick them on the towel!
  2. Peel one side of the adhesive off and stick it on fabric. Cut around the traced pattern. Peel other side off and adhere to towel.
  3. Glue button in the middle of the O-I threaded it first because I think threaded buttons look cuter.
  4. Cut frilly ribbon to length of the bottom of the towel. Adhere ribbon to towel using hem tape. Cover top of frilly ribbon with regular, smaller ribbon (I glued it). 
And that's it!

Delightfully Creating,



Linking To:
momnivore's dilemma
Keeping up with the Cantelmo's

Be Mine Bonanza with At Home With K





Today's Creative Blog








3 comments:

  1. Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
    http://itsablogparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute!!! would love for you to come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails