Thursday, January 20, 2011

Turning Souvenir Pins to Magnets: Find It and Make It Friday

If you've been reading my blog lately, I have been reminiscing about the UK. I lived there as a child and my parents used this as a golden opportunity to travel all over the country (and the rest of Europe without me, but no I am not STILL bitter about that...)

It was the 80s, so along the way I picked up cheap souvenir pins from just about everywhere. I still have a handful of them. They've been sitting in a bag in a drawer because I can't seem to get rid of the memories. I also used to collect Hard Rock cafe pins wherever I went. They were also in the bag.



I found them tonight and decided to put the memories to work. I recently read that people who decorate with photos and memorbilia of happy memories, they are generally happier people. I don't know if that's true, but maybe this will make me even happier when I am getting ice cream out of the freezer.

I took the pins and found some magnet sheets and a roll of magnet that I had leftover from some other projects and turned them into magnets! I won't wear pins but I WILL use magnets on the fridge!

I simply took some pliers and ripped the pin of the back-it was super easy on those plastic circle ones. Yes, I even ripped the pins off the Hard Rock Cafe ones. Some real collector is gasping right now. Then I cut and glued magnets on to the back and waited for them to dry. Easy breezy.


Now I have sweet memories on my fridge!

Delightfully Re-Inventing,



3 comments:

  1. I did a similar thing this summer! We brought back coins from Mexico and Canada that I made into magnet (you can also do it with cool stickers) and I made Christmas ornaments with pins we picked up along the way on our road trip! I am a huge fan of creating things from memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! And Larissa's comment gives me an idea about doing that with the fun foreign coins I have just hanging out in a lil' box. Hmmm... now, I just have to get some magnet tape to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Love that you can incorporate things you get when traveling around etc.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails