Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Valentine Decor: Delightfully Nesting

I haven't decorated for Valentine's Day in years, but it was only a matter of time. After all, I was that crazy little girl who decorated my room for every holiday-I am pretty sure even through high school I did this. 

I always loved Valentine's Day, though I am not a sappy romantic. But, I like simple Valentine's decor-I don't care to deck my house out like Christmas. So, I simply Valentine'sified my centerpiece and splashed some Valentine's fun on my corner bookshelf (my fake mantel as I like to refer to it). 

Here's my centerpiece:

 Sorry for the terrible lighting, once again. I can't wait until we get our new camera! You may have noticed (but probably not) that my middle, large centerpiece is a slightly different shape from before. Well, my old, homemade hurricane's life came to a tragic end shortly after Christmas. Glass + Stained Concrete Floors=Disaster. Trust me, I've broken 4 things in the past month. But, I have really cool floors!

I got this new one on sale from Hobby Lobby. I created this look super inexpensive with conversation hearts (because no one actually eats these things! As my sister says, "They HAD to have been created for decoration because they are nasty.") My red cinnamon candles are leftover from Christmas. The large hurricane is filled with Valentine's wire that cost me $1. 


Here's my fake mantle:

That heart candle holder in the back and that fancy candle holder were already there. I decided to make some DIY art in frames that I can change out for different seasons/holidays (so that means more to come this year!) Here they are close-up:

I like subway art and there are a plethora of free printables out there. But then I found this cute paper at Michael's which looked like subway art, so I just used that.






And I absolutely LOVE this little wreath I bought at Target for $2.50!! I could have made one, but who can beat that price?

I managed to get it to stick with a tack into our faux brick wall.

 The coffee table:

 I used the same Valentine's wire as in my centerpiece to hide the fact that the roses were too short-haha. This picture doesn't do this cute little arrangement justice-the flowers are fake beige roses that contrast the hearts perfectly-I bought the flowers, hearts and my cute little cupcake candy dish at Hobby Lobby. I had a gift card, so it was all free to me! (Thanks Brandy, Taz and my adorable little munchkins!) 

And last but not least, here are the towels I made for the bathroom-these are my faves I think! (Tutorial to come on Monday)


 Delightfully Nesting for Valentine's,


Visit thecsiproject.com


* I participate in several link parties throughout the week, which are listed on my right tool bar. Today's post feature's SUNDAY's links.


UndertheTableandDreaming

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had time to decorate for Valentine's, yours looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record - I like conversation hearts. The white ones taste like candy cigarettes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute ideas, stopping by by frugal finds, come visit when you get a chance

    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. april-

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice last week.

    FYI: Creative Juice is on hiatus until the week of Valentine's Day because of The Beat the Winter Blues Party.

    If you have any cool photo project you'd like to link up...stop by!

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/02/beat-winter-blues-tackle-those.html

    p.s. your post is next week! I look forward to you guest blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails