Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday's Find It and Make It: Fall No-Sew Bathroom Towels

Today I am beginning my new Friday craft feature-Friday's Find It and Make It, where I create something from materials I already have laying around.

But before I share, I have to say WOW-Y'all are so awesome!!! I cannot believe I have jumped to 93 followers in the past couple weeks!! THANK YOU so much for your support!

I bought some hand towels a while back from The Christmas Tree Shop. They were only $1!! I wasn't sure what I would do with them, so they were sitting around. So, I found some fabric and made these:


Here's How I Did It:

All you need is a little scrap of fabric, towels, some ribbon, buttons, double-sided fabric fuse, and hem tape.

1. Google pumpkin and leaf clip art to print for the patterns. I found several sizes of pumpkin patterns HERE.

2. Trace the patterns on the paper side of the fabric-fuse (I used Therm-O-Web Peel and Stick) and cut out. Adhere one side of the fabric fuse to piece of fabric and cut around the fabric fuse to make the shape.

3. Peel other side of fabric fuse and adhere applique to towel. 

4. To make the ribbon borders, I adhered ribbon to strips of hem tape. because my ribbon was smaller than the hem tape, I had to cute the tape to fit the ribbon. It was a pain in the butt, but worth it. But, if you don't want to deal with that, find ribbon that is the same width as the hem tape. 

5. After fitting the ribbon to the hem tape, peel the other side of the hem tape off and adhere to the towel. Glue on buttons. 


I think I'm going to have to visit the Christmas Tree Shop again and get some more towels to make for Christmas!

Delightfully Creating,







Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Totally cute. A person could make ones for every season. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! And what a find for $1 plus cute stuff you already had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those towels are very pretty! Great job! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you that place was addictive! I'm going to have to use self-discipline in not going there too often - I'll be broke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I love what you did to dress them up! I wish we had that store around here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, April! They turned out so cute. My favorite is the pumpkin. Love the buttons:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are cute! I love the pumpkin one! I may have to try it


    http://carriscraftingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute, great job! Thanks so very much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, all the best, and happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute towels, April! I love 'em! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails