Sunday, November 28, 2010

Button Christmas Tree-Monday's Cup of Creativity

I saw this idea in Crafts N Things magazine and decided to make one for my Mom because she loves buttons. I chose multi-colored pins because my mom loves trees with multi-colored lights. I love how it turned out! I was tempted to keep it!

It's very simple to do! All you do is attach buttons to a Styrofoam cone with pearl-headed pins. On top, I left the pin sticking up a bit and tied the ribbon around it.And that is it! All materials can be found at a craft store, though I did get the buttons very cheap in the dollar section of Michael's.

I am making another one for myself in non-traditional colors, as part of a tree trio I am doing. SO, as soon as I have all three done I will show you!

Delightfully Creating,

Handmade Holiday with Just a Girl
A Crafty Creative Christmas with Me Making Do 
 Holiday Link Party  with Momnivore's Dilemma 
Holiday Link Party with That's What {Che} Said  
Christmas Craft Marathon  with Lisa's Craft Blog


  1. ok, how cute is this?! i love it! stopping over from craft o maniac.

  2. Love it!
    Oh, how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby.

    1. You can take advantage of hobby lobby on their website and use their 40% coupons too.

  3. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog!!! You can find me at
    Have a peek at my giveaways when you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!!!
    REally cute!!

  4. Just wanted to stop by to let you know I featured you over at Crafts & Sutch today! Please stop by to take a peek and grab a SUTCH an Inspiration button! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Erin :)

  5. I found you through CRAFT. This is so very cute, and I'm so very glad you shared it!


  6. I love this because it's so quick and easy to do. I'm incredibly busy so I love effortless crafts like this.

    I would love it if you share this craft on my holiday link party, you can find it here:

  7. Oh my goodness! So cute and so simple! Love it!

  8. April thanks for checking my post out. I couldn't wait to share my newest tree. I used diamonds and pearls (fo of course) and fun fur string. It only took about 30 minutes to complete. Hope you will check it out.

  9. Love it! I just finished my cone trees...but what a great idea to use up buttons.

    If you have a minute, I'd love to see this button tree link up with my party @ Creative Juice Thursdays...

    Following you now, b/c I can't wait to see what else you have brewing! (pun intended)

  10. This is SO cute! I love your creative idea!

  11. I saw this in the Frou Frou Friday linky party listing and I thought it was adorable.

    I'm a new follower, would love it if you followed back.


  12. saw this on monivore's linky party. Love it!

  13. Super darling!!! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

  14. PS- I am going to feature your project this Thursday at Paisley Passions Thrilling Thursday Linky Party. Feel free to stop by and grab an "I Thrilled" featured button from my side-bar if you like :)

  15. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Juice Thursdays...

    Hope to see you back this week for round two! (Link will be up Wednesday night and I will announce the featured bloggers as well!)


  16. You've been featured! Stop by to pick up your "Freshly Featured" button from Creative Juice Thursday...

    Hope to see you back this week!

  17. These are super cute! I love all the options you have with those cones!

    I'd love for you to link up to my very first party! Holiday Happenings, anything Holiday releated!

  18. I just loved your button tree and I featured it for WorkShop Wednesday! Come stop by and see!

  19. So cute. Love working with buttons. Especially making Christmas ornaments.


  20. This is very cute - I will try to remember about this when Christmas gets close again!

  21. It's so cute, love this ! I am your newest follower. I linked up your beautiful button tree with my new blog "The button has ideas". Wish you will check it out.


Related Posts with Thumbnails