I made this one for my friend, Anna, a college student who is a math and finance major and LOVES math-which is why I chose the numbers background.
Materials I Used:
- 3"x4" Frame (Studio Decor from Michaels)
- Decorative Paper and solid color paper (American Crafts Every Day Paper-Michaels)
- Flower embellishment and brad (Michaels)
- Ribbon (Michaels)
- Tools: scissors, glue stick, marker, hammer and very small nails
- Cut background paper to frame size.
- Find a font on the computer you like with the letter you want; print it out on card stock. Trace the letter on the solid color paper and cut out. Tip: To cut out the tiny insides of letters, use nail scissors!
- Using a marker or ink pad, ink the sides of the monogram.
- Glue letter on background paper and glue the flower embellishment on top.
- Cut a ribbon about 31" long. Double up ribbon and tie onto back of frame (tie onto the hanging hooks). For extra stability, and so the frame will hang correctly, nail in the ribbon to the back of the frame using very tiny nails and a hammer.
* I participate in many great link parties throughout the week-they are linked on the right sidebar. Please check them out and see projects from some very talented people!!