I also added my own little twist and put the baby's name on a couple of the spoons.
- Baby spoons-I used these adorable spoons by Munchkin-they are BPA free and already come adorable with the pastel coated heads and the hearts cut into the ends! I found mine at Babys R Us.
- 22-gauge wire
- Beads of various colors (I used Bead Treasure glass beads-Rainbow mix and Seed Bead Mix-both purchased at Hobby Lobby. I also used Bead design Company Alphabet Beads purchased at Hobby Lobby).
- Wire Cutter and Jewelry Pliers (I actually have a two-in one!)
- Cut a piece of wire that is about the length from your hand to your nose (holding your arm out).
- Begin wrapping the wire at the head of the spoon. Wrap over end to secure it and wrap about 10 times before adding beads.
- String beads on wire and wrap-I wrapped the wire about 2-3 times between each bead. Make sure you wrap the wire as tight as you can and keep the beads close together.
- At the end, wrap about 10 times to secure the wire and end it in the back. Pinch the end down with pliers, so that it will not stick out.
PS: Remember how I mentioned that I was getting rid of Fashion Friday? Well the next two weeks will be my last Fashion Friday posts. I will continue to write fashion posts, however, I wanted to feature more crafts. SO, Fridays will now be either "Faux Friday" or "Find It and Make It Friday." I will alternate between the two. Faux Fridays will feature knock-off projects I try and Find It and Make It will feature projects I make with materials I already have. Thanks for reading!!
* I participate in several great link parties throughout the week. They are listed on my sidebar to the right. Please visit!!