Here is an easy and yummy recipe for cashew chicken.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 8-ounce can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- Combine the soy sauce and honey in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Lower heat to medium; stir in garlic and ginger. Add scallions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in water chestnuts and half the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook until chicken is done (about 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cashews.
- Serve over rice.