Monday, September 13, 2010

UPDATED Pottery Barn Inspired Fall Centerpiece

Everyone is making Pottery Barn Knock-Offs these days! However, I PROMISE, I had this idea before I saw any of them!

My creation is not a knock-off really, but inspired by Pottery Barn AND Williams-Sonoma. I like to look through the PB catalog to get ideas, but I will never pay their prices! I wanted a Fall centerpiece and found these ones I really liked from PB:

Inspiration 1:
I really liked the left one it costs about $60 at Pottery Barn. (I like the right too, but haven't tried it yet)

Inspiration 2:

$68 at Williams-Sonoma for ONE.


This means, if I bought my centerpiece from Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, it would've cost me around $186!!!!! How much it cost for me to make mine: $15!!! And the fact that I can gaze on it and enjoy the fact that I made it is priceless! (I tried to avoid this cliche, but could find no other way to describe that creative emotion!)

So, I looked at my inspirations, added my own little creativity and came out with this:

And I love it!!!


Here's How I did It:
For the smaller holders, I bought two candlesticks, two hurricane lamps, and two glass votive holders all at The Dollar Tree. I hot-glued the hurricane lamps to the candlesticks and let dry. The votive holders just set perfectly in the top! I filled the hurricane top with an Autumn mix of miniature pine cones and pumpkins I bought HALF PRICE at Hobby Lobby. I already had the candles (pumpkin spice-mmmm!), so these cost me about $4 each to make.

For the larger holder, I used a larger candle holder and hurricane I bought at Hobby Lobby on sale. I hot glued those together and let it dry. For the bottom layer, I used a miniature wreath I bought at Hobby Lobby for less than $1. I cut it in half and took it apart in twos. I broke up one half to give the layers a base and then I placed the second half in a circle on top. For the second layer, I used the rest of the Autumn mix. I then set a jar candle (vanilla scented) on top. Finally, I placed the fake leaves around the jar candle. 


And they smell HEAVENLY!
Ta Da!

UPDATE:
I found some real-looking leaves for 99 cents at A.C. Moore!! I liked them better, so I replaced the weird smelling, $ Tree leaves. Check it out:
Even Better!!!!
 
Delightful Autumn Decorating,





Link Parties In Which I Delightfully Participate:












21 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have some hurricanes that look like the WS ones (without the monograms) that I have stones and candles in. I think you've inspired me to swap out the stones for acorns. That would be so cute. Do you think the craft store would sell packaged acorns?

    Thanks!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of project :) PB can't hold our wallets prisoner any more! You're like a revolutionary - ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Yours are just as nice as the inspiration pieces...in fact they are better since they cost less ;-)
    I love creative gals!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! you could even etch a monogram with some freezer paper and etch all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea AndreaLeigh! And Jennifer-you're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i am very impressed! I cant believe you just saw that and then made it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you! How creative is this!!?! Love it! Be sure to share this at my Fabulous Finds party on Friday! :)
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Great job (:

    Stopping by from Creations by Kara link up
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I just posted about a similar project over on my site. So fun to put together cute, frugal pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out great! You should link it up to Sister Sister Sunday...
    http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again this week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I really like Michael's craft store for seasonal decor too.
    Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is nothing I love more than a low-cost DIY version of some fancy PB decorating! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful.... love the updated leaves, too. Hope you have a wonderful SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They inspired me too! I just used acorns though because I couldn't the grapevine to cooperate. Yours look much better.

    Happy SITS Day, April. Enjoy the comment love today!

    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great project! I do something similar every year, but I have cranberries instead of the pinecones.

    Happy SITS day!

    WM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I love crafts that even I can do! I am NOT crafty but even I can go buy this stuff and glue it together - BEAUTIFUL!! Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so creative! They came out great!

    Visiting from SITS! http://apaprikao.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails