Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's Cup of Creativity: Mini Scrapbook

Today's Cup of Creativity is not a tutorial, but a showing of a recent mini scrapbook I did in hopes that it will inspire you!
My niece is hilarious and smart, so for years I've been recording and saving some of the funny things that come out of her little mouth. I decided to make a mini scrap book of her first five years. I actually made two and gave one to my sister and one to my mom for Mother's Day. I not only included pictures and quotes, but I also scanned some of her artwork I'd saved, printed mini-versions, and stuck them in the scrapbook. I used paper and embellishments I already had and had fun getting creative!

 I found this adorable cupcake-shaped board book at Michael's for a dollar!!! I bought two and put them together. I really love board books for mini scrapbooks. Target has some cute flower-shaped ones, in case you are interested.

 Here was the final outcome :







This quote cracks me up. In case you can't read it, my sister says (trying to teach Mikaela the importance of character): "Belle and Cinderella are smart and they care about people." Mikaela's response: "Yeah, and they both wear pretty gloves."




Also one of my faves- Mikaela: "Mommy, what will I be wearing when Jesus comes back?" My sister: "It doesn't matter. Jesus doesn't care about you wear; He looks at your heart." Mikaela: "Right, but can you make sure you braid my hair that day?"





 


Probably my favorite (though the last one might be too): "I've made up lots of beautiful songs, but I can't share them with you because they are inappropriate for adults."


Some Tips For Mini Scrapbooks:

  •  I bought Kodak paper and printed the pictures myself in both 3x5s and wallet size. That was the cheapest route to go and the pictures were good quality. If you have a good printer, I recommend this!

  • Layering is key! You have a small space to work with, but you would be surprised how much you can do in that little space!

  • I bought the sparkly paper and alphabet stickers on the cover at Target.
Delightful Scrapbooking,


4 comments:

  1. great blog ! lovely pics
    id love for you to check my blog out
    and dont forget to enter in my giveaway
    elena
    www.fashionisinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! nice choices, missy, for you layout.

    i am incredibly indecisive. it really, really sucks.

    thanks for visiting picky and leaving it some love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I don't scrapbook, but maybe I'm missing the proverbial boat. I do well just to get my digital photos printed out at my nearest Walgreen's, and that's like maybe once a year.

    SITS visiting. Peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is precious! what a great idea!

    stopping by from SITS (;

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails