Monday, March 29, 2010

What to do with all these cards?!

 This is only half the cards we recieved at our wedding (and about half in this photo are hiding!).


I wouldn't dare throw them away! I could've just stuck them in the recycle bin, but I decided to donate them instead to St. Jude's Ranch. St. Jude's ranch has a recycling card program in which kids at the ranch and volunteers re-attach the fronts of cards to the backs of new cards. They then sell the cards and the money goes to St. Jude's Ranch.

In case you are unfamiliar with St. Jude's Ranch, it is a non-profit organization that helps children who've been abused, abandoned and/or neglected. They house children and help them to start a new life.

So, instead of throwing away your cards, here's an awesome opportunity to help hurting children by simply recycling! Right now, they have a great need for thank you and birthday cards, BUT they take any type of card-yes, holiday cards too!

No cards to recycle? You can purchase the re-newed cards for $10 a pack!

Delightfully Giving a Teensy Bit,




6 comments:

  1. April, what an amazing idea! thanks for sharing about this! I might refer to your post on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Do they take any kinds of cards- like Christmas as well?
    What is the website?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how thought full, what a grate way to help little children. i am erum from arts crafts n hobbies thanks for following my blog .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great tutorial on recycling if you want to link up at my place - who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea. Never knew they did that. Probably can't be done inCanada. But STill it's good to new and something I can look into. I also let me kids use them for crafts. lots of lovely cute pictures they can cut out.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting the other day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good idea. Please come and link up @ my Christmas Party. @ http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-gift-ideas-for-last-minute.html
    Thanks Rose and Heather

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails