Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Minding My Greeting Card Mess-a Quick Project

I don't consider myself a collector, but somehow I've accumulated a collection of cards. Most of them are blank note cards or thank you cards, but I also have some birthday cards for a rainy day. I forgot I had most of them. And when I need a card, I can never seem to find my stash. So when I was cleaning and organizing our office, I decided to set up an organizational system for the cards with easy access.

I searched online for a fun card organizer, but couldn't find any I liked. In the end, I saved money and made my own!

I used a storage box that I already had from Target. Any box will work if it is wide and deep enough to hold greeting cards. Another idea is using a cardboard box and wrapping it in pretty wrapping paper.

I cut file folders down to mini-card size (you can make your own with cardstock), labeled the folders and stuck the cards in. Easy and Quick-and now my cards are easy to find and grab!


Delightfully Taming the Clutter,

3 comments:

  1. Stopping in from SITS, and I think I'm going to stop in more often. I'll be back to take another look around. You seem to have some cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by from SITS - great idea- I use a binder with folders to keep mine contained, and so I don't buy too many...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I know what you mean about greeting cards. I have a little basket full of them and just used a card I meant to give my brother in law 2 years ago. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails