- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I actually used boneless chicken tenders, which worked great)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme (I just used the thyme on my spice rack-not fresh)
1.Heat oven to 400° F.
2.Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange the chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the sprigs of thyme.
3.Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
We're definitely adding this one to our regulars!