Saturday, March 20, 2010

Delightful Morsels: Maple Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes

Another successful trial with a Real Simple recipe! I've had this recipe sitting around forever and finally tried it-SO GLAD I did. My husband and I both found it DELICIOUS! Even more, it's incredible easy.

Hands on Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 Hour and 40 min

Ingredients
  • 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I actually used boneless chicken tenders, which worked great)
  • 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
  • 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 6 sprigs fresh thyme (I just used the thyme on my spice rack-not fresh)

 Directions:

1.Heat oven to 400° F.

2.Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange the chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the sprigs of thyme.

3.Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.


We're definitely adding this one to our regulars!
Delightfully Cooking,


5 comments:

  1. I love Real Simple! My fav. This recipe is my kind of dish as well because it looks like the prep time is short. I think I'll have to try it out:) Thanks for the post & I'm now your newest follower from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said it is good. And Jeff too. But the maple syrup just sounds weird.
    Though I've never made a RS recipe that I didn't like. Just like Southern Living ones.
    I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it sounds weird-but it's not an overwhelming taste. It's a perfect mix of savory salty and sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. I am going to be trying this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails