Thursday, February 25, 2010

Delightfully Creative: Felt-Decorated Onesie

Here is a quick craft and an adorable baby gift idea! I got this idea from my dear friend Holly.

I bought a plain onesie and spiffed it up with felt for a gift for my friend Charity's baby boy:


First, I tried to use a stencil on the felt, but the stencil ended up being too small and hard to cut. I was trying to make a frog-the toes killed me. Make sure you have GOOD scissors because felt is not the easiest to cut. I used kitchen shears.

After the stencil fail, and because I can't draw very well, I decided to make an EASY pattern of my own, so a sailboat seemed to fit the bill. I drew the bottom and top on a piece of paper, cut it out and pinned it to the felt and cut the felt.

I then sewed the boat on with embroidery floss, using all six strands and exposing the stiches. I also sewed in the sail "pole" (not sure what it's actually called) and added a cute little button for the top.

It was really simple, but I am so excited by how cute it turned out!



Total Cost of this project: about $5.

Delightfully Creating,



7 comments:

  1. So cute April! Love it! - btw- the "sail pole" is the mast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this!! And as much as I like frogs, I think the fun simplicity of the sailboat is great for a onesie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, I be he looked adorable in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha-tha mast...I was having a brain fart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails