Saturday, January 2, 2010

D-I-Y Wedding Favor Box


I have now been blissfully wed for three weeks! I didn't always enjoy the planning process (I'm not a planner). But, one of my favorite parts of planning my wedding was the D-I-Y projects. I already posted about my D-I-Y Wedding Invitations. I am looking forward to sharing them all in the coming days.

I knew I wanted to design and decorate my own wedding favor box from the beginning. It seemed the cheapest and most fun route. Because Jeff and I fell in love in China, we wanted a little bit of Chinese flair represented. So, we chose a small Chinese take-out box for our favor boxes (about $0.12 each from http://www.cudge.net/).

I decorated them (with help from my amazing High Point girls and staff women!) with celadon colored ribbon (purchased at Michaels) and personalized stickers which read our names and wedding date (http://www.myweddinglabels.com/).

Inside, we put fortune cookies (http://www.myluckfortune.com/) which read a personal message from us. They only cost $41 for 300 cookies-much cheaper than I expected! We also put hersheys kisses of various flavors inside.


I love how they turned out-simple, yet elegant and cute.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea April! Keep sharing...
    Not that I have any wedding plans but I love to share with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was home being nauseous for your wedding, but I did enjoy your favor boxes that Pete brought home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My wedding gifts were also all mostly hand made by me, it was so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails